Monday, December 3, 2012

Now that's what I call Mongolian barbecue!

We had a short lesson this week with V. the referral. He is trying to get another job so he can come to church on Sunday. He is from Nigeria and I know he would love the cultural mix of people in our ward!

M. is still excited for his baptism, but he didn't come to church yesterday. :( We will hopefully have a lesson tonight with a member and see what is up and how we can help. We had a FHE at a member's home last Monday night and it was very successful. J. and his girlfriend came and so did M. That night I ate the best pupusas I have ever eaten in LA. It was incredibly tasty.

A. has still been making progress, but she was sick yesterday and did not come to church. We will hopefully see her tonight. We are planning a movie night for all the missionaries in the ward to bring an investigator so we can watch the Joseph Smith Movie together. Sounds like fun! 

On splits (again in the 3rd ward), we went to a member’s home where they like to mark the height of each elder that comes into their house, on the back of their door. They got excited when I came in and put me on right away. It was fun to see me several inches above the door itself on the frame. It was a blast being back speaking Spanish for a day. The members I met made me feel good, too, by saying hi as we passed at church.  We spent a lot of time serving people on Saturday, too. We got to help a member put lights up in her complex. She then made us Huevos Rancheros. Yummmmmm.

Well, I love you all! I hope your Christmas is a "White one", but don't forget what it is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment