Buenas Tardes Familia! Espero que todos estan seguros y feliz! Thanksgiving was a crazy day full of food! We ate at two different members’ houses and I was thoroughly filled.
We have not been able to see E. and we heard someone inside as we rang. No one answered and she has not returned our calls...:( Sad day! We had to drop her. We think her mom may have talked to her when she went to visit. She will come around one day.
The other afternoon, Elder K. and I were pondering which street to tract. I saw a street called T. and was intrigued. We decided to tract there. We had some good success in one complex and were leaving to another appointment when we got a referral from HQ. It was through a member I met at a baptism last week, and was for a man named V. We looked at his address and SURPRISE! It was two apartment complexes in front of us on our way to the car. Coincidence? I think NOT! V. was so excited to see us that he let us in right there. We have an appointment to teach him tomorrow at 1:00. I hope and pray he is there and as eager as he was.
We had a lesson with J. and his cousin. J. also came to play basketball with the Elders and other men who play on Wednesday nights! I hope that will be a way to keep him connected to the ward members.
Two of the visitor center sisters in my district said they met my cousin Carmen the other night and that was cool! Brother H. (from Orem) also was at the temple and left a note for me at the mission home. Both of these experiences were little hugs from Heavenly Father. I love the way he does that! :D
We had team-ups with President Baker on Saturday evening and got to talk to some potentials in our area. It was an interesting experience. I was in the front seat and seemed to get most of the "grilling" from President. I would like to see him as a proselyting missionary – he is a powerful teacher. Although it added a bit of stress to our planning, it was worth it and I learned from it.
The best has been saved for last! A. is this week's MVP!!!! She came to church again! She has exploded in her Book of Mormon reading and she prays every day! She chose the 16th as the day she wants to be baptized! We have seen her almost every day and she is so excited. The best part is that her memory has been improving! She remembers more and seems to always be thinking about the gospel. Last night she opened up a lot about why she has been doing what she is doing. She is sincerely changing because she wants to be the best example for her daughter. It was an emotional lesson and I could feel Heavenly Father's love for her almost pulsing around us. It was insane! She has fasted the last 3 days straight (drinking water) and the Spirit has been with her so strongly! Goodness. She has completely TRANSFORMED! I am eager to see what the Lord has in store for her! The gospel is true. I want to help everyone have the same experience April is having and I cannot wait. We all can experience this joy. We need to share the gospel with every one we know and don't know!
I love you all! I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving and that you didn't eat too much!;) Be safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment