Well, another month gone by. Transfers are this week and I have not even had enough time to think about it really. I think we will both stay here, but I think our zone will be getting a new area. I think President will start planning for all the new missionaries (he is probably way ahead of me... :D).
We had another small lesson with E. on the Book of Mormon and the Plan of Salvation! She was very intent on what we were teaching, and I felt like I could almost see the Spirit working with her. She invited us to come back the next day, but that day was really packed. Hopefully she can come to church one of these days. She works as a nurse and usually has a shift on Sunday...:( We'll see, though. Everything with her is so smooth and natural, like we've met before.
We had a combined zone activity on Halloween night because we had to be inside by 6:00. We played some sports, and a different version of that Quidditch game. It was really fun and I hardly even realized it was Halloween. We ran into a member from the Santa Monica Stake, whose son is serving in Armenia. I asked her about Elder Woolley and he is in her son's district! Small world no?
The other night we were biking and we had no idea what we were going to do for dinner. We rode past a man, and I waved. He then yelled, "Would you like a hamburger!?" After we knocked a few houses, we took him up on it..:) His name was E. and he is an Episcopalian. He was very kind and we also found our dinner! Thank you Heavenly Father.
The highlight of our week was finding J., who is a referral from HQ. The text read, "ready for baptism". As "seasoned" missionaries, we did not believe it right away. We had to investigate a little bit. Eventually we were able to meet with him. He is 22 and big into soccer. His girlfriend is a member and plays soccer for Northridge. She introduced him to the Church and he is currently taking a Book of Mormon class at Santa Monica College. He showed up at the church and we gave him a tour. He said "I think it is time I join the Church" in a thoughtful tone. I was flabbergasted! So then we invited him to be baptized and he said "I will". This guy is unbelievable! He later told us an interesting story. He was driving home from work and he was praying to ask God if he should go to church, even though his girlfriend would be out of town. Immediately following his prayer, he saw two missionaries leaving a house that he was passing. He knew he had received his answer, so he called and referred himself to HQ! Later still, when he saw our car, he asked us if we ever worked on a street called Angeles Vista. That street is in our area.... so it was Elder K. and me that he saw leaving that house two weeks ago, after he prayed! Spiritual twilight zone music was playing in my head! I know that we are placed in the paths of people who need the gospel and vice versa... It was amazing!
We invited J. to church on Sunday but he wasn't there by the time it had started. We tried to call him but he didn't answer. I was very down. In Gospel Principles class, I said a prayer and asked that he would show up if it was God's will. The next hour, we got a call from J. telling us that he had just arrived, and we literally ran out to meet him! He came to church!!!!!!!!! We are going to the Visitor's Center with him tomorrow! Hopefully he will be ready by his date on the 18th of November! I love you all!!! Our Heavenly Father loves us and I love you, too! Hope you have an incredible week!!!! Stay safe!

No comments:
Post a Comment