Monday, October 29, 2012
Hello from Wild, Wild Westwood!
Since Halloween is coming up, we got all suited up in our mustaches after coordination meeting. I will attache a picture. I thought of the German guy from Stalag 17 and the one from Get Smart.
The biggest news of the week was our Visitors Center trip with A. and D. (her mom). It was AWESOME!!! When we arrived to pick them up they didn't answer the door at first. As we were getting back into the car to leave, A. opened the window and told us not to go so, you know, we decided we should probably stay. :D They absolutely loved the VC! Even after the sister missionaries finished helping us, they wanted to explore a bit more. The next day, we went over and followed up with them. A. had been thinking about it all night. She had a dream that the Christus was moving and talking to her. D. has already decided that she wants to get baptized on her birthday in November!
Last Monday we had a zone activity at the Westwood building; we played soccer and this other game that was a mix between rugby, ultimate frisbee and quidditch. We had a blast and I was incredibly sore the next 3 or 4 days. It hurt SO good!
I cannot remember if I told you about E., but she read the pamphlet we left and had questions! We also left a Book of Mormon and she promised to read it (part of it) before Tuesday! We have been really excited and have been FLOODING Los Angeles with the Book of Mormon! Some Elders in our zone even got 2 referrals from people who read an ad in the play bill for the Book of Mormon Musical. We also get asked about Mitt Romney almost every day, too.
We started teaching a 19-year-old named M. He has a lot of questions. He read all of the pre-book stuff in the BOM. He kept asking us, "What more can you tell me?" I wanted to hit him with everything, but I knew he would probably explode! He offered the closing prayer and after he finished, he was moved by the Spirit. All he could say was "That was a trip". He described his mind expanding and being filled with light!
We taught a member with the help of our powerhouse, Elder Holland. It was an awesome lesson. I got the heeby jeebies! We taught a woman named H. yesterday and I started crying as my companion shared the story of the First Vision. I love those confirmations from the Spirit. It was a packed week, full of the Spirit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment