Monday, October 8, 2012

I'm an Oldy Moldy Missionary!


What a weekend!!!! Did y'all eat Swedish pancakes? I sure did! Can't let that one go. So the minute President Monson began talking about the missionary age, I knew it was about to  change. The thing I did not expect was the sisters' age at 19!!?! That is crazy. I bet every young man and woman of those ages are now frantically trying to fill out their papers. I would! I want to know how soon they will be getting out here? The MTC has been making preparations for more missionaries, and now we have them. This coming year will have a huge impact on the world. SO COOL!!!!  I had too many favorites, but I loved how bold every one of the talks were. I loved President Uctdorf's talk, Elder Oaks' and Elder Holland's. I loved the focus on families and becoming who God wants us to be. I cannot wait until I can read the Ensign and get it all over again!!! Woo hooo!!!!

We received a referral from Bishop H. the other day and we got to contact S. She came to church once and liked it so we hope to continue teaching her. We have met several people but they have a bad habit of dropping out of existence when we go back again. We work hard and that is all that matters, so we hope that we see the fruit soon.:) We have started a push on involving the youth in our ward to come out with us to the lessons we teach. I remember how big a difference it made when I went out with Elder Fafai and Johnson. It helped me make my final decision to serve a mission. It is even more important now that they can serve right out of high school! SO exciting!

Well, I am almost out of time, but we had a cool experience last night. We had a dinner appointment at a member's house, but there was no adult male there when we arrived.  [Mission rules stipulate that an adult of the same gender as the missionaries must be present in a home before the missionaries can enter.] We want to be obedient so we told her we couldn't come in. It was a bit awkward, but she ended up inviting her non-member neighbor over and we got to teach him a short lesson about the Book of Mormon. They also got to talk and get to know each other better (no one here knows their neighbors very well). It was cool to see this immediate blessing from an act of obedience.

Well I love you!! Don't forget what you learned in conference, okay? I hope and pray you will all have a greater desire and ability to share the gospel in your respective missions. Have you made your mormon.org profiles yet? If you look hard enough you may find me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment