Hey Everyone!!! How have you all been? It cooled down nice here for a few days, but looks like it could heat back up. I have a lot of unrelated news so bear with me as I put it all down here...:D We talked to a man named K., whose cousins live next door. We may go back this week to try and teach both families. They were really kind and seemed like they were already members. We'll see how it goes!
We had zone conference last week and it was all focused on the Book of Mormon. Elder K. and I did a training on the Prophet Ether and his diligent example. We made several new goals on how we are going to utilize the BOM in our missionary work. We each carry a copy with us as we proselyte and have a goal to give out 3 each week. We also want to use the stories to relate to investigators and to help them apply it to themselves! The last part is reading it cover to cover by the new year. Are you in??? I began on Thursday and am on track so far. You will need to read about 7 pages per day to finish by the end of the year. I also wanted to remind you about a mormon.org profile. It is so simple and a great way to share your testimony. I hope you have seen the new pass along cards. I try to send one home every letter now. :D
Last Thursday, we got two calls for blessings at the UCLA Medical Center and Cedar Sinai hospitals. We loved it! We will be going later on this evening, too. So many people are in need of the physical and spiritual strength that we have.
One of the brand new sisters in our district began telling me about one of her MTC branch presidency members who writes songs, and gave some of his music to her (she is a music major). It was Randy E.! I then told her that I had been his home teacher. Now I am trying to get some of his music. She tells me it is pretty good! Adriane, I immediately thought of you singing his song "I don't care". :)
The shuttle Endeavor went right through the center of our area, which was fun! Tons of roads were blocked. We didn't get to see it because we were working, though. Some other missionaries and members got pictures. We may go see it at the expo park just down the road. If you watched it on TV, we were in the background teaching an investigator on MLK Blvd. It was way worth it because this person committed to be baptized! More later! I was also able to see D. [who we baptized several months ago] while I was on splits in the downtown area (which now has part of Silver Lake in it). It was crazy! Her sister in Mexico that she referred through us is now baptized!!! I was about blown away by the Spirit when she told me. That is what a mission is all about!
A. committed to be baptized on the 11th of November! We still have a ways to go, but she will get there. We also met with J. recently. He committed to be baptized on the same date!! He is nine. We are so blessed to be teaching them and we are really excited! Well, my fingers hurt and I need to send some pictures before my time expires. I love you!!!!! Stay safe!

No comments:
Post a Comment