Happy Labor day everyone! I hope you did something crazy and fun. If not, you still have time to get going!:) Well, here are some of the Scriptures we used for The Embrace of the Atonement: 2 Nefi 9:41, 2 Nefi 1:15, DyC 6:20. I love how Christ is the only way we can get to the Celestial Kingdom, and He is waiting for us. That will be the best hug! Other fun ideas: The children of Israel were baptized as they went through the Red Sea, Christ (the Bread of Life, or mannah) came down to feed mankind and also the children of Israel in the wilderness. Teaching in English has taught me some new things!
I have discovered several connections in the last week! We ate dinner at the W. home and Brother W. asked if I had a relative who served in Barcelona with him. Well, Clint is the right age, and he served in Barcelona, right? I am pretty darn sure it is him. That also means I was at the MTC farewell meeting at the same time as Brother W., too! Weird.
Then I met a young man who is living in a member's house in our ward. His name is K. and he is from Iceland. I said "Hey my friend is serving a mission in Iceland right now!" He said "cool". Then I verbalized my thought of "I wonder how Elder G. is doing?" Well, it turns out that he played soccer with him a lot out there! Who would've thunk it! I was also talking to the G.s (senior missionary couple in our ward) and discovered that they are from Dublin, Ohio. I asked if they knew the Z. family and it turns out they are in the same ward! Santa Mapache!
On Sunday, Elder Moli was looking at an old Improvement Era in the library about Tonga. I asked if they had an article on Samoa. They did, and I saw President Joseph H. Dean mentioned a few times! I made a copy and am sending it home to Mom and Dad! This magazine was from 1966!!! The crazy stuff you find in church libraries!?!
Well, this week will be full of lots of meetings and craziness. I have been having a hard time keeping up with the fast pace. September is here and so is the Book of Mormon musical! I loved hearing from all of you last week. I hope the reunion was fun and I am glad you are safe and recovering. Love you! P.S. I heard that Steve was fabulous in a mumu!

No comments:
Post a Comment