Monday, September 24, 2012

Mi casa su casa!


Well, transfers are high tide and we have no clue what is going to happen. I am really excited though, because I get to do the transfer call and let the entire zone know who will be staying and who will be leaving! That should be fun! It looks like Elder A. could be transferred, but we don't really know.  My toes are almost healed; they feel fantastic! 

Last Monday we had a lesson with a man named C. who is very intelligent. He "believes in science" ;) and loves evidence. We began sort of rocky, but smoothed out and he accepted a Book of Mormon and a mormon.org card! We need to follow up with him again to see how he is doing. That afternoon we also played basketball with many other missionaries and it was a blast! I had not played in a very long time! One of the Elders brought a watermelon and it was marvelously tasty after a long hard game.

We were trying to contact a less active member when a man named B. came out of the apartment complex and asked us to give his grandma a blessing, so we did. He tried to give us a ton of money afterwards, too.

Real fast... time is running out. We got a bogus referral for Walmart one day this week:)  Saturday we went to a Belizian wedding for the parents of some member kids; everyone was Belizian except us. We helped set up and prepare the party favors, watched the toast and talked to the kids. The bride and groom even took a picture with us. We left before the dancing.:) It was a really cool experience!

I gave a training on President Benson's Beware of Pride talk at district meeting and I loved it! It made me realize how pride is the root of many of my sins and mistakes. Christ was even crucified because of pride! If you haven't read it recently, I highly suggest it!:) 

At church I realized how great a blessing it was that the children of Israel were scattered! Missionary work was so much easier once they were all over the place!

D. and her sons came to church yesterday!!! They were discussing the stake change and seem to like it. They left before sacrament meeting, unfortunately, but seemed more excited than last time. The boys loved the cultural hall and want to play basketball on Tuesday nights. (I don't know if I've every told you how amazing our building's architecture is.  I love the building!) They even began flirting with some of the member girls. Have you ever heard the term "flirt to convert"? Well it just may be true. We were unable to get a hold of J. this week but we talked to A., the referral from SLC, and she is awesome! We are planning to go to the Visitors Center and Family History Library with her on Thursday!!

I gave a talk in the 6th ward (Spanish-speaking) on Sunday and was super nervous. It was the first time in a transfer that I've taught in Spanish. After the first minute, though, it began to flow back and I was grateful. The gift of tongues is incredible!!! I felt right at home. Sorry to be brief. I love you all!!! We have the power to change things in our lives through the Atonement! Please do if you need to! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment