Monday, September 17, 2012

Boom Shaka laka boom!


Olo! Life keeps moving along and it can sure get crazy! So, yesterday they dissolved the Huntington Park West Stake (the all-Spanish stake) in order to combine the youth classes. It is quite a great idea. Now, all the English and Spanish wards will meet in the same buildings, just different hours. It is a drastic change, but I am excited! I may get to see former Spanish contacts at our stake conference now!!! Elder Richards, my MTC companion, is going to be the next assistant to President Baker, which is cool! I will get to see him even more often.:D

We received four referrals last week and contacted all four. We have return appointments with two of them. One of them, A, just moved here from SLC and could be awesome! J is the other one and she originally didn't answer the door. We called later and, since the answering machine was in Spanish, I left a message in both English and Spanish. Half an hour later she called back and scheduled a day for us to come back. Updates to come in the future! We were actually allowed to call SLC to talk to the Elders who taught A while she was living there, so that was fun! I also got to meet a member, Brother A, who travels back and forth from Utah (UVU- area) on business -- he is the bomb! We made a few referral boxes to leave in the church and other areas so that people have more opportunity to refer friends and neighbors! Hope it works!

We went to the Temple on Wednesday; I am attaching pictures.  We have half of the visitors center sisters in our zone -- the Marina zone has the other half.  Not all were in the picture because they were working. We went to the Getty Center after the Temple and it was pretty cool and very inexpensive. You might see a few pictures from it in a bit ;) I saw a member from Inglewood in the car the other day and it made me happy. They still remember who I am!:)

The last bit of news was the baptismal interview I did yesterday. I had the opportunity to interview M. and he is 11. He is incredible! I am so excited for his baptism on Friday. The Elders in his area were blessed to find him there! The Church is true! My testimony of that grows every hour out here! I love this work! I love you loads and pray you are safe! Thank you for all your prayers!

"You become who you want to be by consistently being who you want to become" - Elder Richard G. Scott

 

No comments:

Post a Comment