Hey everyone! Can you believe I have been in L.A. for almost 2 weeks now? Time blows by! This past week was super cool. Hermana M. chose her baptism date for next Sunday. Her son was just waiting for her to commit, so we'll hopefully have his baptism soon, too.
I have felt an immense amount of love from the members here. They treat me like family. The R. family has us over for dinner occasionally; they fed us the second night I was here. I can't explain my love for them and the 2nd Ward! My companion and I have fun working together; we are a lot alike.
The reason this email is called Nacho Time is because of the awesome Nacho Libre experiences I've had here lately. The other day a member offered to buy me some elote. Elote is a cob of corn on a stick with mayonnaise and chile -- like what Stephen throws into that one dude's eye in the movie. The next time the elote man comes around, I'm going to buy one and take my picture with it!
Another time we were stopped at a red light and I saw a legit Lucha Libre sign on the light post! The last Nacho-like experience was a toothless crazy lady. I was on splits and she swore that I knew her and had given her a Book of Mormon. Yeah, I was a little creeped-out, but not too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment