Monday, November 14, 2011

A Jam-Packed Week

    I am approaching my third week here!!  Crazy!  I have not been bitten by a dog, but we ran into several drunk people -- one of which accused Elder C. of doing bad things.  Every day I learn something new; it's great!  I am feeling a lot more at home and the Spanish is coming bit by bit.  I have had several conversations where I just started talking and took NO thought what to say.  It's awesome!  I saw Elder Matheson at zone conference this past week and we stayed together for most of the conference.  It was fun.  I would never have guessed we would be in the same mission, let alone me be receiving training from him as a zone leader.


      I am so happy to hear about Sister B. and her successes (and bites).  We have seen some nasty looking pit bulls here.  It really is a lot like Mexico;  most people drink soda and if they drink water, it is ALWAYS bottled.  Recycling bottles is another big thing, too.
    We had an awesome lesson the other night. We watched the Joseph Smith movie in Spanish and talked about the Restoration.  Y. (who never used to come out of her room when we taught) straight up said we could teach her now!  We were tap dancing in our hearts it was so cool!  Her mom is also praying to know if she should be baptized. :D  AND another incredible thing happened... Hermana M. and her son L. will be baptized on the 27th of this month!!!  We are so happy for them and excited!  My first two baptisms!  We also got a return appointment from a man we met fixing a car anoche.  My new goal has been to talk to everyone and not be afraid.  Last night it worked awesome!!  P.S If anyone is keeping up with MLS, Galaxy is in the finals!!  I hope they win!
      I had a cool experience on Saturday.  We were talking to a drunk man named M.  He asked us to pray for him, so I said we would.  He didn’t believe us, so I said a prayer with him and Elder C. right there in the parking lot.  It wasn't weird at all actually.  It was kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment