Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Week!

    Hey Everyone!!  I love you!  Mom, I think you asked what we are doing for Thanksgiving, but we don't really know.  I know we have a service project in the morning, and I think several families have invited us to dinner....fat time!  Which brings me to my weight.  This Mexican food is very fattening and it’s really hard to say no to the families who feed you.  We eat with a family almost every night and I have gained about 5 lbs since the MTC.  I can feel my pants tightening around my waist which has NEVER happened to me before.  I am getting chubby!  Don't laugh too much ok.  I am trying.  It is pretty inevitable to gain weight.  I just need to keep it as low as I can.
     The other day we knocked a door that was answered by a French woman named M.  She was very nice and had had good relations with "Mormons" before.  She was impressed when I said "I don't know" in French.  She also guessed that I had Swedish blood in me.... Crazy huh, Dad?  We will go by again to see if she wants to learn more, because she kind of shrugged us off.  She did give us a referral though, which was very unexpected.
    I taught a blind man while on splits with our English zone leaders and that was cool.  He was making herbal tea (instead of coffee!) and being very efficient.  The weird part was turning off the lights as we left his house.  It made me realize how horrible it would be to live in complete darkness for a lifetime.  That is what the Church is for!!  To bring light to people’s lives!!
      We finally made contact with a referral we almost gave up on. He is 44 years old but looks 24; he wants to know more and wants to come to church.  When we gave him a Book of Mormon (given to me by the Primary...:D) he asked "Well, ..where do I start?"  I have never had an investigator ask me that in the first meeting!!  Super cool!  We assigned him Moroni 10 for next time!  We also found two new families who seem to have lots of potential.  The C. family let us in on the first contact last night!  The work is going forth and I love to be on the front row!!!! 
    On Saturday we served a member family by hauling dirt.  The funnest part was making our own lemonade and orange juice right from the trees afterward.  They are baby trees, but the fruit was pretty sweet.  We had a blast!  The LA Galaxy also won the cup yesterday so it is fun to be a part of the city.  Actually not too many people are fans of MLS here.  It is all Chivas and other national clubs.  Having played soccer really makes a connection with a lot of people out here.  I hope to play with some members or investigators one day. They'll probably school me.  I know the Lord blesses us in ALL we do.  Que les vaya bien!  Les quiero!


"Christ's love is for ALL, but He NEVER loses sight of the one"         -Elder Jose L. Alonso

No comments:

Post a Comment