Monday, October 31, 2011

Greetings from the CLAM!


We all made it here!  My trainer is Elder C. from Garland, Utah.  I have had several awesome meals here already, so don't worry about me not being fed!  I spent $21.35 on groceries today, which is right on my budget.  Laundry is free because the C. family lets us do it at their home.  The manager of our complex is the Bomba.  He is helping me raise my desk so I can actually fit my knees under it.

We don't tract much here; I guess it is discouraged a bit.  We work mostly on reactivation and strengthening new converts.  We have four investigators now, too. Today being Halloween, we need to be inside by 8:00 p.m.  I guess it can get pretty crazy around here!

I loved attending the Spanish ward yesterday.  We (the missionaries) sang in sacrament and it was great to look out in the congregation and see those I know and have begun to love already.  Five of the people we've been working with came to church -- we were SO happy!  I get to practice my Spanish pretty often and I'm learning a lot.  I actually understood almost ALL the Gospel Principles class today (Principios del Evangelio).

On Saturday night we had a ward Trunk-or-Treat party at the church.  It was really cool.  I loved the egg salad sandwiches -- they were like a piece of home.  Elder C. also won a cake and we finished it off earlier today with some other missionaries.  The other day I bought some of that Manzana soda we had in Mexico and that was like going back in time!  Most families here drink soda and I usually take it, but if they ask me what I want, I request water.  Otherwise I might come home looking like my Aunt Roberta . . .!!

No comments:

Post a Comment