Monday, May 7, 2012
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Happy month of MAY!!!! I hope you all celebrated Star Wars day with me....May the 4th be with you!!!;) Cinco de Mayo also came and went, but I didn’t go to any crazy parties. The most important holiday however is MOTHERS DAY!!! I am so excited to call home! I cannot believe it has been 5 months since Christmas already.
So the other day in search of a member we didn't know, we came across a Seventh-Day Adventist woman who tried to tell me that Mormons don't believe in the Second Coming. I took the opportunity to (lovingly) set the record straight! It was a very nice conversation. She was actually living in the house of the member that we were looking for; he evidently passed away about a year ago but was still on the ward list (dang). We might go back one day when we are in the area. I was inspired from our conversation to study up a bit more on the Sabbath day, since they observe the Sabbath on Saturday (like the Jews). Christians changed their Sabbath observance after Christ was resurrected on a Sunday, and I really like it that way.
We found a typewriter in our closet and tried it out!!! It actually works!!! Hopefully I can type a bit of my snail mail letter home.
We were able to teach I.'s friend C., and we have another appointment with her on Saturday. One of our new focuses is inviting people to be baptized in the first lesson! We need to teach another first lesson sometime, in order to improve.:)
Our new zone goal is called battleship and every district is battling against each others’ ships! I am really excited. The different focuses (Member Present Lesson, part member family etc.) have goals and our ships will sink unless we match each other.
Sorry this is not a longer email, but we will hopefully be able to speak voice to voice in a few days! I love you all!!! Take it easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment