Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Foiled in the Final Furlong
Well, I was transferred from Fox Hills. Now I am near Hollywood with Elder C.! I was really sad to leave Inglewood, but I knew I had to be transferred one day. Tuesday night before transfers, we had a lesson with M., who came to church with P. that one Sunday. We had an INCREDIBLE lesson with her and her kids about the Restoration. We only had time to teach the first half -- they loved it! M. wants her son J. (age 17) to serve a mission! They are such a happy family and seem super ready to be baptized! Hopefully I will be able to go back when they do. They actually live right behind a house I tried several times, but never knew there were more houses behind it. When we went back, I felt like I was in a South American jungle :D There are so many things I wish I could remain there for, but I'll be back soon if it is meant to be.
Elder Scott M. is in this zone, along with Elder D. (in my district:) and Elder Parker C. just left the zone. It is a cool zone and I am really excited! Elder C. is so funny! He is 6-3ish so people run from us in the streets;) Being so close to Hollywood and downtown LA is weird! It is a lot hotter over here, too, especially since our AC is broken (working on it). Since being here, we've taught one man named A. who has some potential. He agreed with a lot of things we taught. A woman named D. was baptized last Sunday and we are hopefully setting a baptismal date with her daughter J. tonight after dinner!
Funny story from tracting: one lady got mad at us because we came in her yard. She said "Didn't you see the sign?" The sign read "Beware of Dog" (not "No trespassing") and there was this tiny dog sitting there. We went behind her house to knock those doors and when we came back out, she had locked the gate to her driveway. We think she was planning on sicking the dog on us, even though it was easily punt-able!
Sorry it is a short one today...I am a bit frazzled with the transfer y es probable que mi mente va a esplotar!
The last side note is for Dad. In one week here, I have met two people from Chile and I proudly shared that you served there! What years was it again? I said around 1980, but I wasn't positive. One of them is named L. and she accepted a Book of Mormon. The other is a member of our ward and he recently immigrated from there, I believe. Sorry that this is brief! Sorry to say, Sister B . . .you might be next on the President's transfer board....:) Love you all! I hope to report many exciting stories with you soon!
"There are times when we have to step into the darkness in faith, confident that God will place solid ground beneath our feet once we do." --President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment