Monday, May 21, 2012
Crazy bomb week!
Hey family! This last week was a crazy miracle! I began the week with two powerhouse talks by Elder Holland and President Eyring! While reading President Eyring's talk, a member’s face popped into my head and the words "they need this" seemed to echo in my mind...so I shared it with them and it seemed to help.
Look for those who are seeking truth. The truth-seekers like Joseph Smith are those who have been prepared and are ready to receive the gospel!!!
Last week at Food-For-Less, this lady said to me "How are you today handsome?" I responded "good" and asked how she was. She said "I am doing great baby boy!" I didn't quite know how to respond so I smiled and said "see you later!" Awesome experiences happen here every day!
We had an awesome lesson with H., after which we sat in silence looking up scrips to help him kick coffee. He has gotten down to one cup a day, and today he is trying none! He told us that the 2nd cup tasted really gross when he tried it and hasn't done 2 again!!! The lessons and goals have really helped him! I know the Spirit is working a change in his heart!
President brought up an interesting point in MLT on Tuesday. When Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to Joseph, they were the first missionary companionship of this dispensation!!!!! Cool huh? We are really continuing the work that they began in 1820!
We attempted to go to the visitors center with S, C and J, but S could not come. Instead, their Aunt G came and she loved it! We are now going to begin teaching her, hopefully. Then I will have taught every single person in C's family! Yeah weird!
We destroyed one area on Saturday stopping by everyone's house we could. We went by a member that I had never met to find they had moved, but were still on the ward list. On the bright side, the man living there asked us to come back and read the Book of Mormon with him this week!!
We received a member referral for P on Thursday, and met with her and the member the next day. We had a church tour and the Spirit was so strong! P said "I will see you on Sunday at 1:00!" (but in Spanish) On Sunday she came and brought her friend M! They both live in our area and there were 8 of them including their kids!!! Crazy! I loved watching this miracle unfold. When we walked in with P and her group, immediately the ward saw us and converged to introduce themselves. In 5 seconds, all the kids were being led to their respective classes! The ward worked perfectly! (It probably helped that we had called ahead to let them know the one family was coming.) I almost cried at the beauty of how it played out. I love this ward and hope I don't leave. The odds are against me, but we'll see where the wild card lands. Well, sorry it was so rapido, but the last preparation day of the transfer can be the most hectic! I love you all and pray for you, too! Keep me posted on any new adventures you encounter as well!
P.S. What are you doing to progress the work on the home front? I have almost finished a mormon.org profile and invite you all to do the same! Some miracles have happened from sharing testimonies. Just look at the Book of Mormon! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment