Monday, April 30, 2012

My pants are full of starfish [Muppet Treasure Island]



Hey y’all! We are e-mailing after an awesome day at the beach!!! It was our beach p-day today and I tired myself out...I’m way too out of shape;)  I played a lot of volleyball and ultimate frisbee so I enjoyed it very much.

Last Tuesday we had zone conference and something that President Baker said was a little ominous. He said the Brethren have asked that he keep the missionaries in their assigned areas for 6-8 months, so I have hit my quota unless I go over. I have been really lucky to be here in this area for 7 months now. Whatever happens will happen!  (Below is Elder Bham's zone.)

I have really come to enjoy splits. I get to see how other Elders work and how they teach the gospel.

We had a Mormon Helping Hands activity this past Saturday at Enterprise Park, which is close to Compton. It was really fun and a lot of members, missionaries and community members showed up to fix up the park. The lady in charge said it would be in the next US News and World Report so I suppose you might see us. Quien sabe?

While here I talked to Spencer Fieeki and he said he talked to Elder Joshua Crandall the other day. I think Josh is almost done now. Crazy!?!

To finish up the week, I spoke on Sunday in our ward. I had been worried about not filling the 10 minutes I had been assigned, but I spoke for a full 17 minutes -- in Spanish! Santa Vaca! I felt so bad and asked the last speaker, Elder G., to forgive me. I took some of his time and felt thoroughly embarrassed. On the other hand, many members said they enjoyed it and that my Spanish has gotten a lot better. Thank you Spirit!!! My former companion Elder C. was also there visiting the ward with his dad, so it was like a huge party afterward!

This is about it. I really had a great week. I hope you did to! I love you all! Remember, missionaries do not have the full responsibility of doing this work. It is so much more effective if the members are involved. If they are, the converts will stay active. We teach 25 investigators to get 1 baptism, but 5 member-referred investigators also equals 1 baptism. Crazy huh?  Well I love you all! I can't wait to talk to you soon!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment