Monday, April 16, 2012

Still Crazy After All These Months

Well, I am still here in Inglewood. They took Elder D. away from me, though. He is now in West Hollywood. This will be my 5th transfer here and that is almost 7 months (once this transfer ends)! My new companion is Elder W. from Washington State. He is pretty cool.

Last preparation day we went to Hollywood, so it was ironic that Elder D. was transferred to that very area. Hollywood was fun but I’ve had my share of the world for a while!


A few days ago I asked the bishop if we could get some paper to make copies, and he asked me to give a talk in church this Sunday. Later that night we were teaching "I.", and I challenged her to come back to church. She said she would only come if I gave a talk in sacrament. "Sweet! You can come this week since Bishop asked me to give a talk 40 minutes ago!" It was not a coincidence!

We got a referral in El Segundo, which has never happened in the history of our area! "R." is now on the map and we hope he lets us come back again.

I was on splits with the ZL's at church and a man spoke on the public image of the Church. With the Mormon Musical and Mitt Romney, we are very much in the public eye right now. The things I learned were that we must define ourselves, not let others define us for us. He invited us to all speak out in the conversations at large about what we truly believe and what our experience has been. We really can make a difference through the internet, too! Every member a communicator! That sacrament meeting we were also able to bless the sacrament which was kind of weird. I have not done that in a while!:)

 "I." came to church and another less-active YW came, too, and I introduced them. They really hit it off and seemed to help each other feel more comfortable. It was cool to see them bond. I think we may have found a connection! Sorry to be quick today! I love you all! Happy Birfday Lauren and soon to be Mom! Take care!

P.S. “I want to live in such a manner that when I wake up in the morning, Satan says ‘Oh no! He's awake!’” ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment