Monday, March 25, 2013

What are you serving at table one?

Hey everybody! It was an awesome week this last week! Our planning and goal-setting have transformed! We get so much more done and accomplish our goals, too!

Lots went on this week and it went very fast. We taught two lessons to 11-year-old J. He has already read the intro to the Book of Mormon and 1 Nephi 1. :) We left him the story of Ammon to read because he loves scripture stories. He is so smart! He was finishing our sentences and showing his understanding with questions like, "So when we obey we are blessed in the land, but cursed when we don't? Dang that stinks for Laman and Lemuel..." We have another lesson with him tomorrow. 

We have done more tracting lately, and trying our hand more often at street contacting, which I have been pretty poor at in the past.

I started re-reading through the Ensign again and the spirit of conference is BACK! Boom baby! I love it! I am going through all my notes and studying my favorites. :D I am SO excited for conference!!!! I am going to be the most ready ever. I am preparing to be edified to the MAX!:)

We had a member come with us to teach B., and we set a baptismal date with her for the 28th of April! She did not come to church, though, which is a bummer. We are not sure what did not click. She may not have the best support from her parents, although they seem gung ho when we are there.

We had a good visit with A. the other night. We talked to his wife a lot; she is not a member. He later told us that she wanted to buy a dress for their daughter for Easter and he replied, "Awesome! Does that mean we can go to church?" It was hilarious! I love him!

D. came to sacrament meeting! He liked church okay, but afterward we introduced him to a lot of the members, several of which are from Peru, too. That’s when he seemed to get more excited. The ward mission leader is Peruvian and they hit it off right away -- instant friends. They left the building with their arms around each other! Bishop even talked soccer with him for a few minutes :)

Later that day we talked to a couple from Argentina. They are really cool. We found several potentials, too, but I will tell you more about them as they progress. I love you! Be safe and don't forget to smile, even when things are hard!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment