Monday, March 18, 2013

He's singing his own theme song?

Well, for those of you who have been wondering, we have several 18-year-old missionaries here in Los Angeles now! We have three in our zone. Crazy times!

Yes, Elder H. and I are still running in the morning. (It got a lot harder to wake up after daylight savings!) Elder H. never gets tired, it seems -- he has great stamina and endurance. He pushes me. Hopefully this will help me not get too chubby. ;)
       
I cannot remember if I mentioned the symbolism I found with the prison walls falling down in Alma 14 (which I read this morning in my Spanish Book of Mormon). Prayer helps us to break down walls and be free of sin and sorrow. :)

It was kind of a tough week because most of our appointments cancelled on us. The last three days especially. We took the opportunity to find new people. We have a few return appointments for the coming week, but I will report as they progress farther. :D

An experience that made me smile was when this little girl stood staring at me as I walked past her in a restaurant. I couldn't help but smile and say hi. She looked as if she got all she ever wanted on Christmas. :D It was pretty funny.

Elder H. and I have made a lot of progress on our teaching skills. We had a very enlightening companionship study the other day where we discussed how our testimonies can bring the Spirit and power to our words. We decided we need to bear testimony more often to our investigators so they can know our words are true. We then applied it during our lesson last night with D., the referral. We had an awesome lesson about the Restoration and I began to bear testimony of how I know the Book of Mormon is true. I began to cry, which does not happen often. I was filled with the Spirit and the Spanish seemed to be flowing flawlessly from my mouth. It was not like me! I recognized it as the blessing it was. Being an instrument and feeling the Spirit work through you is one of the greatest joys I have felt while being out here. In this lesson, D. committed to be baptized on the 28th of April! We now need to do all we can to make sure he is ready. He feels so familiar, like family. I pray and hope he continues to work to receive a testimony of his own.

We met a young man named K. who had been kicked out of his girl friend's apartment. We helped him carry his bags most of the way to his destination on the other end of the area. He told us he was about to give up and stop when we came up behind him to help. He thanked us so many times and told us that no one had ever done anything like that before in his life. He said he would never forget it, and neither will we. We hope one day down the road he will remember us and look into what we believe. :)

At church yesterday we had a very unsuccessful turnout, or so we thought at first. We rode around all morning, trying to get people to come to church, but no one was home. Then while we were in sacrament meeting, I looked around. To my surprise I saw A.!!! He is a member we have been working with for the last transfer. He came to sacrament!!!! I had been feeling a bit sad, but my attitude changed immediately when I saw him. I told Elder H. and we both sat there, amazed. It did not end there, either! Five minutes later, J. ran in.  G. came to church, too! As I took these three miracles into account, I felt really good. I was so grateful to Heavenly Father that they came. I could feel how happy and thankful He was, too. The Spirit helped me to feel his love. No investigators at church, but three less active members came! It was a fantastic day!:D

Today we have a zone p-day and I really want to play basketball.  I have not played a real game since December first – just shot around a bit.

I love you all and hope you do all you can to invite the spirit more fully into your lives. "Take it easy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment