Monday, February 11, 2013

Baptism news!

Buenos dias Familia!!! This last week was nutso! It went by so fast! Things are picking up here. We have appointments AND we got the Mobile Area Book in order so we are more organized in our work. It is Harry Potter themed and it is so fun to use in context. We live just outside the Womping Willow in the shrieking shack! Ha ha ha! We go to Azkaban all the time and we never go to the Forbidden Forest. The chamber of secrets is also a hard area to work in :D. We love it! We are pretty nerdy! We have a lesson set up with S, who was being taught before we got here. We are aiming to set a baptismal date with him tomorrow even though it will be the first lesson we have with him. He seems pretty cool.

The members here are great! One of them, Hermano S, has signed up to feed us for the third week in a row. I really love them already. Our ward mission leader, Hermano R, is really good. Yesterday he tailored the Gospel Principles lesson to two investigators, and now the whole family will be baptized on the 24th! Crazy! We received a note from a girl for Valentines Day at church yesterday, and if made me feel so good. It said, “Thank you for being good examples in my ward.”

Elder Bednar has a great talk entitled “Becoming a Missionary” that I really enjoyed last week; I also enjoyed Elder Tad R. Callister’s awesome talk about integrity in this month's Ensign. I highly recommend it!

 We helped tear out a wall at a member’s home, to re-convert the room back into a garage! It was so fun! We did so much service this last week. It's the most I've done in one week since being in L.A.

After being in an English area, I feel like my gospel foundation is more solid, and the Spanish is the new test. I am really grateful that I could learn how to be a better missionary during my time in English. I’m more confident about talking to people – now my Spanish just needs to improve!

The highlight of the week: While we were tearing out the wall, I got a phone call from Elder H. about A (the investigator we were teaching together in Baldwin Hills). I went to his baptism yesterday!!!!! We were nearly late due to traffic, so I didn't get a picture with him, but it was awesome!!! Brother H. (the member who accompanied us to all of A's lessons) baptized him and it was so cool! It was a really great service. I will try to get a picture from Elder H. somehow.

I love you all! The gospel does enable us to change and be happier! It does change lives! It has changed all of ours, so who do you know that needs that change in their life? Ask the missionaries, they can help you! ;) Have a fantastic week! Welcome back to Utah, Davisons!

No comments:

Post a Comment