Monday, February 25, 2013

March is upon us?!!

Santa MAPACHE! I cannot believe I have been in Centinela for a whole month! So weird. I also cannot believe it is almost March!  37 missionaries will hit Los Angeles next Wednesday!

So I was looking over Elder Bednar's “Becoming a Missionary” talk from 2005 and it gave me a lot of peace. I had been a bit worried about going home, but his talk helped me realize that I will always be a missionary. Elder Bednar discussed how missionary work is a priesthood obligation, not a part-time thing, and that will help me stay focused. That big transfer (going home) will eventually come but I don’t have to worry about it.

We had an awesome lesson with S. on Friday night! He feels more peace now. He came to church and stayed for the baptism of a family, too!

We met a lot of Vietnamese people last week and I wished I could speak their language. We found a referral for the Chinese elders; she wanted a Book of Mormon in Chinese which was super cool. We also found five new investigators and I feel really good about all of them. I could visualize them all in white, preparing to go to the temple. I believe I am beginning to see people as the brothers and sisters they are.

One new investigator is named L.; her grandparents are members. She invited us in but she was alone, so we set another appointment. She really liked the idea of the Atonement healing her life, and sounded interested in the Book of Mormon as well. A man named M. was a referral from a 9-year-old girl in his apartment complex. At first he was not too interested, but warmed up after a while and now we are going back to watch “Finding Faith in Christ” with him :) We met I. last night, and he told us he will be waiting outside his house on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. to go to church with us. I was happy to see his conviction. He is taking off work to give back to the Lord, he says.

We also met C. and M., who are former investigators. They were discussing the Pope and how their faith has wavered since he announced his resignation. We were able to clear up a lot of false ideas they had about the Church, and they seemed excited to learn more after that.  M. asked us how she can study the Book of Mormon.  Their schedules are busy, but Sundays are good and we will stop by to say “hi” before then.

This work is incredible. I love it! This last week we have been working hard on listening and discerning people’s needs, and it has brought a lot of success! I will report on all our investigators next week. :) Temple service on Friday this week! Woo hoo! Preparation day next week is on a Tuesday due to transfers! Love you!

P.S. We cut our hair today (see the attached picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment