Monday, February 18, 2013

In like Flynn

I love you all! Did you have a great week? Time is still flying by. I am loving being on bike, although my autoverk is getting sore. I like being out and about. The weather has warmed up a tad, so I don't need a jacket at night very often. I love it!

We found out that in July, President and Sister Weidman will replace President and Sister Baker... so weird! What will life be like without the Bakers! Santa mapache!

We found a girl named B. who may have some potential. Every time we have gone over though, she was not there and we ended up teaching whatever family member was home. We want to teach all of the A. family together, but we'll see how that goes. Lately my focus has been on listening and using the promptings from the Spirit to relate whatever our investigators say to the gospel. Mormon.org cards are AWESOME and help us to teach truth.

My new district here is great! We are all really close. We hope we don't get split up this upcoming transfer, but our ward may get a new companionship – possibly sisters. There are nine Spanish-speaking sisters coming in, and 27 English elders! That is insane! 

We taught S. about temples and also went to the visitors’ center with him and the G. family for the musical fireside last night! We didn't get to invite him to be baptized. A concern came up and we covered that instead, but he is still in the works!

The other night we tracted into a man who was watching an Errol Flynn movie, and I was able to use my classic movie knowledge to break the ice with him. Thanks Mom!

At stake conference, Elder Marcus B. Nash came and it was so incredible! I took notes, which I have never really done at stake conference before. :D

Make sure you are praying everyday, having FHE and reading the scriptures! I promise it will help us all! I love you!  Take care! It was a great week! Sorry it was a short one! I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment