Monday, January 7, 2013
LA's gonna have a bobsled team!
We had an awesome New Years. I awoke promptly at 12:00 am, thanks to the rockets and other loud noises!
At a recent zone activity we presented our new zone goal: NEWB Runnings!!! "You want to kiss my lucky egg?" It was the most fun zone goal presentation I have ever done! It is a bobsled race and we were a few of the characters from Cool Runnings. We used a table rack from the cultural hall as our bobsled and we synchronized our turns and crash. We had a blast coming up with it and we hope that everyone else enjoyed it.
At the New Years devotional we were able to share our testimonies about the Book of Mormon. We were also notified that we will be receiving 35 new missionaries in March! So exciting! Congrats to sister Julia Bham for training! That would be amazing to train some of the new 18-year-old missionaries;)
We began “Fundamentals of Missionary Work,” which means we get to train our zone twice a week and improve our skills, too! Woot! After our first training, we had an awesome experience with a new investigator. One day when we went to a dinner appointment with the P. family, they told us about Brother P's son (who used to be separated from them), who has decided he wants a change. His dad challenged him to read the Book of Mormon, and we had a lesson with him! He is excited and very willing. We invited him to be baptized on Jan. 27th and he accepted! He then asked us to come teach him again the next day because "he doesn't have any time to waste"! The family came to church together for the first time since September! The dad is so happy and so is the son! This is one of those miracles where a family can be restored through the gospel! Yeah! Boom baby! I love it!
We have been searching for a family of five to teach. We finished a prayer before going into a lesson and when we looked up, we saw a father and his three kids. I talked to him in Spanish and asked if he wanted to build a relationship with Jesus Christ. He responded that this is exactly what he was trying to do. He accepted a Book of Mormon and we gave his information to the Spanish Elders. So they may now be teaching a family of five!!!:D
Yesterday was the loudest my stomach has been in a fast and testimony meeting. It was mostly attributed to the fact that we had a taco-eating contest at a member’s house on Saturday night. Elder B. and I were seeing who could eat the most. I ate 18 tacos!?! I think I could have eaten more, but by then I was pretty ashamed of my gluttony. I will not be doing that again! My competitive side came into play when I was told I would lose. I knew I could win and I was too confident in that fact. Thankfully we can repent and ask for forgiveness.:)
My companion, Elder H., has been out for 14 transfers; he goes home in May. We are doing well. We are becoming more effective and more organized by the day. I hope you had an awesome New Years and that everyone was safe. I took a sneak peek at your email and saw that Sister Shurtleff passed away. I am sad. She was an incredible woman! I am grateful that she is home now, though. I will pray for them, but especially for Elder Shurtleff. Hope your life is as crazy awesome as it has been in the past. I love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment