Monday, July 16, 2012
Three baptisms in August!
Hey Family! We had a great week and I wanted to thank you for the support and prayers.
Last week I couldn't remember the 3rd thing I learned in the Ensign article about covenants, so I referred back to my notes. When we are judged, we will not only be judged by our actions and the desires of our hearts. It will also be according to what we have become! Cool! I love trying to become the person I know Heavenly Father wants me to be. :) I have good news on my weight as well. I have lost 7 lbs! Woohoo! I now weigh 205 which makes me feel a lot better. I think it is from running/basketball. I have been sweating a lot which is good. I still feel really out of shape but I’m happy to have lost weight. :)
We found several new investigators since transfers began and had some really good lessons. One man named T blew us away with his near-LDS beliefs and we were able to pick up a few investigators that had not progressed last transfer. We also had a referral that seems promising. I will update you on those when we get to teach them again. We had a pretty crazy week.
We found this woman named P who is way cool! She and her mom G (95) were looking for a new church when we showed up looking for a former investigator nearby. We taught the Restoration and she was basically leading us to the baptismal question throughout the lesson. She kept talking about being "reborn". We left her a Book of Mormon and she started reading and even searching. Somehow she found out that we don't baptize kids until they are 8 years old, and she agreed. We had not even said the word baptism to her yet. When we finally challenged them to be baptized, they both accepted and set the date for the 5th of August!!! P does all her homework and loves it. The next trick is getting her to come to church! Our mission has been focusing on the fundamentals of PMG (ask Mom and Dad), and it has been working. Our companionship and the mission had an awesome week!
L also accepted to be baptized on the 5th of August which was really cool! I was on splits with an other Elder and my companion, Elder M, committed him with his temporary companion! I also had great studies the last few days where I am led from one thing to the next. I have enjoyed looking for revelation in my patriarchal blessing and feel awesome every time I read it! If you have not read yours lately, I highly recommend it! Each time I gain new perspective and realize my blessings.
Well, I love you all and hope you see the Lord’s hand in your lives this week. Keep up YOUR hard work and love what you do. Keep smiling! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment