Monday, July 23, 2012

Sh-h-h! It might be full of chocolate, okay! [Muppets From Space]

Well, last week we had a record high for baptismal dates and investigators at church, which is really exciting! President was so excited that he was almost jumping up and down..:) So I cannot remember if I talked about A and M last time I wrote. We showed up at their house before church and they just came with us! A is the brother-in-law of D who was baptized in May. Yesterday we had five people at church which was so cool!

Our new investigator is S and she absolutely loved church! Her 12-year-old daughter K came and brought two friends as well! S told us that she had fun and the time went by fast; she couldn't believe it was over already!:) She said she will for sure see us at church next Sunday and that her older daughter would be coming, too! They walked from their house, which showed their desire to come. When they arrived, three or four members hurriedly invited them into their row and we split up so we could sit with all our investigators. It was a way cool experience.

We had a cool lesson with five 25-year-olds and it was great to see all of them pay attention and listen intently as we shared the First Vision with them. One is named N and he is pretty cool. We talked about the Great Apostasy and then his friend A had questions about it. We got to hear him re-teach it to A and then think about it more. He doesn't believe in Christ, but says he will start to pray! We taught the lesson in the back yard and the nature atmosphere really helped to have the Spirit with us.:)

 Last night we passed by a moving van on our way to visit L. We both had the impression to go back and help out. I knew that L would not be home because we needed to help out this family. He wasn't home. So, we helped out! We moved out a couch and moved in two sofas and a kitchen table to their second floor apartment! At one point we decided it was easier to just hoist it up to the second level. Guess who was on the bottom! You probably guessed the tall, gangly guy with the higher reach, right? Yeah. I am a bit sore, but it was so great to help them out. The parents are named G and B. We talked for a bit and the mother said she had been praying that someone would show up to help them with that impossible task. Poof! We were there. Coincidence? I Think NOT!!!! We now have an appointment with them on Saturday!:) I am really excited. We also found out that their daughter is a Harry Potter fanatic so that could be a fun discussion.

Whoo! I had to take a breath! It has been fun talking with the other Elders who are Star Wars fans here. I got a little embarrassed when we started playing a trivia game with Elder D. and I said something a little too geeky. I knew the names of some "no name" Jedi's in the movies! I'd like to thank C. Oberg for helping me out with that !:) Love you all! Hope you love my randomness and that you stay safe! You have a little more than a year left to enjoy life before I come back to terrorize the city in my Sasquatch-like manner!!!! ;) Love you all! Mischief Managed!

No comments:

Post a Comment