Hey howdy hey familia!! Well, this week we are focusing on finding more people to teach, so I thought it only fitting to relate it to LOTR :) “May the best dwarf (Elder) win!” In our case, though, we’re on the same team!
J was baptized!!!! Yee haw!! It took two tries because she sat up the first time from being scared. I will never forget her face. Although she was scared and excited, she gave me a peaceful smile that made my heart sing. The second time we did something interesting. We got down on our knees and then I baptized her again. As she went down, she was not going to make it, so I pulled her down by the back of her jumpsuit...with love. When she came out I could feel the same feeling she was feeling as we smiled at each other. She was so happy, she couldn't stop talking!!!
"I", a recent convert, has regained some of her love for the Book of Mormon this last week. She has completely transformed! When we text her she is always so positive. Cool story she told us... one night she finished her homework at 11:40 and went to check her Face Book on her mom’s phone. When she opened the phone she saw a text we sent earlier and read the Book of Mormon instead!!!!! It was so cool! Another woman, a referral (who at first was completely uninterested), opened up to us when we gave her a “Finding Faith in Christ” DVD and talked about the Bible and the Book of Mormon. She may be more interested now – we’ll see. I met my first Ecuadorian yesterday out tracting.:) We also had papusas with the H family. Lots of things have happened -- it is insane! We found a recent convert who has been less active; he is pretty solid. He told us the reason he got baptized was because he liked the Word of Wisdom and the commandments and stuff! What?!? Who loves the Word of Wisdom so much that they get baptized?!!! Pretty cool!
We got to clean the temple on Monday which was an amazing experience!! It was so peaceful working inside the Lord's house.
Another note about food.... I have fallen in love with smoothies. My best lunch on my entire mission was the other day! The smoothie was so good. It brought me home. We also bought Oscar Meyer lunch meat the other day and I thought of Dad for some reason. "My bologna has a first name..." Sorry, that was random... I love you all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment