Monday, March 19, 2012
"Do or do not -- there is no try."
Olo Familia!!!! I forgot to mention that Hermana C was in the hospital with some kidney stones. We visited her and she told us that she had a hymn stuck in her head. She couldn’t remember the name, but she could remember that it talked about the Lord being with her. We had practiced “Senor te Necesito” for J’s baptism so we sang it for Hermana C before we left. Coincidence... I think NOT!!!!!!
This just in: as I was writing this email, Elder F. got a call that his visa is in!!!! He will be going to Mexico on Wednesday morning!!!!! We will no longer be the Three Amigos....sad day! I am so happy for him, though! It was all because he had accepted that he'd be here forever and had locked his bike up with ours outside...Murphy's Law!
We had an incredible lesson with Y!!! We were teaching the Restoration again, but really slowly and carefully. Towards the end she gasped and said, "Oh, I get it now!" She even said "Light bulb!" She now understands the need for a Restoration and said "I know that Joseph Smith is a profeta!" She realized that her knowledge of the Book of Mormon being true and Joseph Smith being a true prophet went directly hand in hand. I don't know what it was that finally made it click, but we look forward to finding out her choice of baptismal date tonight!!!
We have been trying to excite our ward to do home teaching and I believe it is working. We go out every Tuesday and Thursday with a member and teach with them. It really helps to build unity and trust between us and the members. The blessings will be exponential!
It rained really hard on Saturday -- even hailing at points. Luckily we were inside at the time. I had never seen it rain so hard down here! Well, sorry to make it a short one today, but we have to get a lot done. Love you so much!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment