Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week Two



Olo!!! I cannot believe how much time has gone by already!  I only have 7 weeks left until I leave the MTC.  I have a hard time keeping the days straight; I feel kind of like I'm at the Lotus Hotel (Percy Jackson allusion) . . . but in a really awesome way!

Three elders from our district are leaving on Tuesday and Wednesday to the Peru MTC and our district will be down to six elders and a solo hermana.  I am really not looking forward to this because we are very close.  Some might say "Ajustado com un vaso!"

 
I love the language and hope to start speaking Spanish all of the time.

Our lessons with our investigators are going very well.  Our last lesson with R was quite amazing, but the lesson with M was INCREDIBLE!  Elder R and I were both so amazed at how well it went.  Neither of us had notes with us (we have learned to avoid that crutch) and we had all of our points in the right order!  Both he and I were transitioning into each others parts of the lesson and Elder R repeated the whole First Vision from memory!  I then tried committing M to baptism after the first lesson, but she said she needed to think about it more.  I told her that we were here for her and that we'd try to answer all her questions.

I feel for the first time that I am really being led by the Spirit while teaching.  Maybe it's because I'm worrying less about the language and more about the investigator.  As they say here, we teach people -- not lessons.

I have also come to appreciate how tired Dad was when he was bishop.  I get back to the residence hall at the end of the day and just yearn to sleep.  I remember all the times I saw Dad passed out on the couch after dinner on Sunday and I smile to myself.  Now I'm in those shoes a bit.  The Spirit and the work really do drain a missionary, but hey, they don't call it missionary WORK for nothing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment