Hullo! This week has been incredible. I've had a blast with our teachers -- Maestro R. and Hermana J. have become our best friends. We have also revamped our teaching style. We plan our lesson in simple but powerful phrases, then switch off teaching and testifying.
There is a Mormon message we watched the other day, about Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt when she turned back to face Sodom and Gomorrah. The quote was: "Lot's wife probably didn't consider that her future could be better than her past." What I take from this is that what God has planned for me is bigger and better than whatever I have going on right now. So don't look back!
The past fireside with President Wilkins was awesome. He spoke about seizing the day. On my mission there are no problems -- only opportunities. These opportunities may include service, friendship, tracting, and/or working out problems with my companion. Whatever the opportunity, "IT'S MY TURN TO LEAVE MY MARK ON ETERNITY!" I was so pumped!
To make it even better, Elder Russell M Nelson came and spoke on Tuesday night. He spoke about the Book of Mormon and its importance in conversion. He also told us that our job is very similar to his -- we are all called to devote our lives 24/7 to the Lord. I'm honored to be in that category -- a servant of the Lord!
I was selected to speak on Sunday. My talk was about faith; it was hard to prepare in Spanish. (Now I really appreciate English talks and lessons!) I was half-way through it when I realized I was not nervous at all, and my Spanish kept coming!


No comments:
Post a Comment