Love and thanks from the MTC!
My first week here was awesome! I arrived at my residence hall and discovered that I knew half the people on my floor, basically. It has been awesome having friendly faces wherever I go. My companion is Elder R from Colorado. We work well together and have a good time laughing with each other. He is also going to LA! I have met a lot of missionaries going to southern California. Probably the thing I love the most is the comradery and automatic love I feel for everyone here. I am so excited for all of us . . . for this amazing honor and opportunity to represent Jesus Christ and spread joy to the entire face of the earth!
We taught our first lesson in Spanish on the Friday after we arrived, and since then we have taught four more times. The first lesson was really rough, but the second and third were amazing! The biggest improvement I have seen thus far in the language is that I'm getting the rhythm, and I get on a roll sometimes. Sometimes I can understand a lot and other times I'm completely lost! I'm just happy to be here and to understand a little bit. I have started to be able to express my love for the gospel in Spanish, though. Elder M also told me that last night, I tried to get him to commit to being baptized in Spanish, while I was asleep! How come I can speak it in my sleep, but not when I'm awake!
Elder Holland came and spoke to us Tuesday night and blew everyone away. I hope you saw me in the choir Mom, cause J got the camera right in my face! I love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment