Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Remaining sentinel in Centinela

We are staying in Centinela! This means that Elder H. broke the pattern of my companions. I had never had a companion for longer than two transfers until now.

With our new zone goal, we have been finding lots of people these past two weeks. We are really excited and feel that there is some reason why we are both still here. Someone needs US. Now we just need to find them :D I feel like we are close to finding someone who really needs and wants what the gospel has to offer. We tract as often as we can and look for potentials. I have come to realize that we have no time to waste. We need to keep looking, even when we find people who have potential. Those who are ready will begin to progress and we will work with what we are blessed with.  We have begun to teach A.'s wife now, which is super cool. I hope someday soon to have the whole family for lessons.

We learned how to say hello in Vietnamese last week and I was able to use it once. The two woman looked surprised and began to speak excitedly to me. Sadly, I just smiled and nodded and they told me I was tall. Still, it was a funny experience. We also were able to get a Vietnamese BOM to give to a woman we did service for a while back. We got new phones last week, too! It is so weird to have a touch phone and better texting. I cannot imagine missionary work without cell phones and texting. That is a technology that Heavenly Father gave to us for a reason!

Between conference sessions last weekend, we helped set up a birthday party for C. and M.'s daughter A.  I also saw Kristen B. in the choir at conference!

A few girls from my freshman ward have received their calls to L.A., so that could be fun. We get nine more Spanish-speaking sisters tomorrow. Craziness! 

I wanted to ask all of you, what are you doing to catch the wave of missionary work? Keep moving forward, keep smiling, love those around you, bear testimony, look up often and express your feelings to those you love. Don't worry about the things you cannot control and take the challenges when they come. I am astonished at the difference I have seen in my attitude these last few weeks. Be optimistic and always see the positive. Those of you who are sharing the plan of happiness with friends, smile or they won't believe you! I love you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment