Monday, April 22, 2013

Morning at la playa


Howdie do everyone! We had a very good morning at the beach today and I got to see a lot of friendly faces :) I finally got to say high to Elder J. from Orem High. He is in the Korean Program! There are four Orem High guys here in LA right now. I also found out that Rachel F. from my freshman ward at BYU is here now in Spanish. Craziness!

This last week was awesome! We found several new investigators. One man has a crazy dog that is chained into the ground and jumps at us when we go by. I will try to take a video the next time we go.:) A’s wife was hit very hard by the Spirit when we gave her a blessing last week. She was talking about it for days.

We have literally been finding up a storm. We hit our BOM goal of six and had six new investigators. I love talking to people on the street or in their yard. We met one man named R. who was so intrigued that he wanted a Book of Mormon to read right away. One woman named P. had a BOM, but never read it because she assumed it was the same as the Bible. We taught her a bit and then gave her another BOM; she said she wanted to read a page a day! ALL of these people seem prepared, but we will see if they are ready now, or need a bit more time with the Spirit. We gave a Vietnamese Book of Mormon out the other day, too, to the lady whose door we helped fix a week or so ago. We wish- listed one and when it came, we took it to her! We also got to help S. paint his house on Saturday!

So, I was really enlightened in our Gospel Principles class on Sunday. I realized that I should have a lot more confidence in the things I do. I have the Priesthood of God and that gives me power to do hard things. With God on my side, I can do anything!:D  Elder H. also helps me see things differently; he analyzes things in ways I have never thought of before.

It was truly an awesome week. To cap it off, I was able to play a lot of sand volleyball today at the beach! We had too much fun. The time flew by and no one wanted to leave. It is weird to me that I am beginning to be the old fogie of the bunch. I don't recognize or know most of the missionaries anymore, and there are a TON of sisters here now. A lot of people asked me about my release date. Well, I figured the day would come. Now I need to find joy in my current position :). I love missionary work and want to live it for the rest of my life! I hope you are all safe and having a good week. Keep up your hard work and don't forget to smile!!! I love you!D

No comments:

Post a Comment