Monday, June 18, 2012
A Smashing Father's Day to You!
Olo Familia! I hope you all had a smashing Fathers Day yesterday!!! It seems like just yesterday that I wrote, and I won't have too many updates to give, but there is always something going on out here.:D
After attending the temple last Wednesday, we played soccer and then ate lunch at a Subway on Sunset. I was wearing my LA Galaxy jersey with my name on it when I ordered. I was all sweaty and tired (yummy) and the guy who took my order honestly asked me if I played for the Galaxy! It was awesome! Made me smile.:) I heard about R's mission call to the Philippines! That is SO crazy! What language/dialect will he be speaking?? Yay for missionaries being llamado al servir!
We found a new “game”: proselyting while in the car..he he he. We were stopped at a red light and thought it would be fun to hand out pass along cards through the window. I have always wanted to do it, but never actually thought about DOING it. It is really fun! It sure makes tracting doors look easy, though! We always have some cards in the car now, so we can give them out if we so feel inclined. Don't worry, we never do it unless stopped at a red. It rarely works out perfectly, but it makes for some fun experiences.
I recently finished the conference Ensign and I loved it!!! I especially liked Elder Vincent O. Halleck's talk about vision. He stressed how important it is to see ourselves (and others) as the Lord sees us and our potential. Christ saw so much in the fisherman who saw little in themselves at first. It is something I have always considered important. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of us, as long as we and our Heavenly Father think well of us. Looking over the entire conference, I realized that the family was a central theme. I think about 85 percent of the talks were focused on improving and enhancing our families! We have some work to do...;)
The other day we had several cool things happen to us. One return appointment seems promising; he seems to have been prepared through another church. Another man stopped us in his motorized wheelchair to ask if we were Mormons the same day. Later that night, while attempting to contact a referral, we were delayed by talking to an English-speaking woman and were afraid that we had lost our chance to find her (the referral). As we were pulling out, a woman pulled up and asked, "Who were you looking for in that complex?" We told her the name. I knew before she answered that it was her. It had to be her. We had a brief lesson on the curb before retiring to our apartment by the 9:30 lesson curfew. She was a member referral; she became interested in the Gospel after her dog died. The member told her that her dog was in heaven and asked her to talk with us...so you never know how things might work out. We have been back once since then and will return again tomorrow night to finish el Plan de Salvacion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment