Monday, February 20, 2012

Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!


     Well, I hate to begin the e-mail with sad news, but Y canceled her baptism for yesterday... it was very sad. At the beginning, J had been the unsure one, but now she is pretty solid. We hope to see them baptized in the first few weeks of March. We also went to the visitors center with A last Wednesday! As we pulled up to the temple grounds, the pouring rain stopped which was incredible! The sisters helped us so much. It was really cool! It made him realize how much he can learn. We did the Plan de Salvacion puzzle to teach his lesson and it helped him understand a lot more! Thanks mom!
     Lately we have seen the blessings of biking! We have seen so many people on bike that we never would have seen if we had been in a car. In The Doctrine & Covenants there is a scripture about the missionaries passing by people who need the gospel and I believe that is what happens when we drive. We have seen several members, potentials, and investigators while biking. I think this really helps build trust with the members, too. For some reason if they see us out tracting or biking then they open up more to us as those who can help their friends. Our goals for the last week of the transfer are about referrals and member present lessons. We hope to make real progress in this area, especially if we both stay (most likely we will since Elder D. is still newer).
     Adriane, you have no idea how many conversations and discussions have been started because my sister just had a baby. So many women trust me immediately when we talk baby talk. It is really fun!
     This week we taught a lesson in a mobile kitchen thing, which was interesting. You know those big white vans that sell everything on the road? They are everywhere here. The lesson was okay, it was just odd sitting inside instead of buying from outside...:)
     Sorry it is a short one today! Ironically our preparation day can be the most hectic day of the week instead of the most restful. To close, I just want to let you know of an experience I had. On Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I was dead. I felt terrible. This combined with the canceled baptism had me bummed a bit. The moral of the story is that I read the conference Ensign during lunch! It picked me up sky high! President Eyring's talk about the Book of Mormon really helped me feel better in both ways. SO if you ever feel down... read the Book of Mormon or the Ensign!!! I love you all!!!! Thank you for the assorted cards and candy... yummm! I will write again next week! Where has February gone? I hit my 6 month mark this Friday.... Santa Vaca! Hope all is swell!

No comments:

Post a Comment