Monday, February 13, 2012

Why can't we have some meat? [LOR]

    Another week has simply flown by and lots of stuff happened! All of the hard times on a mission are worth it, thanks to one small joyful moment now and then!  That was the theme for the week. Many of our appointments canceled and it was a bit disappointing. I was reading President Monson’s talk in the conference Ensign; he said, "We are never standing alone when we are standing with our Father in Heaven." This was really uplifting to me and I suggest going back and reading his talk “Dare to Stand Alone.”
    The other night we saw a mouse at an investigator's house and decided to try and catch it for them..:) It sure was fun! I just remember thinking in my head..."Matelo, Matelo!" We didn't get it, but I got close with a toss of the broom. It was a fun intermission to our lesson. 
    We have also cooked a lot lately. We learned how to make carrot soup from a member and it is super easy and cheap. 5 carrots, butter, water and bullion cubes. We made Swedish pancakes the other night for the first time.  I named my new blender Sven the Blender . . . or Svender!


    When we watched some bicycle safety videos at zone conference, I was surprised by one of them. It was about keeping your bikes locked up. It was narrated by two "thugs". . . one of which was Matt from Divine Comedy! It was hilarious! He said "Be sure to lock them up so thieves like US don't rob you..he he he!" Good times. 
    We visited H, M, V and J on Wednesday, and H said he wants to come to church! We are going to visit tonight and hopefully get a good lesson in about el Plan de Salvacion and familias. A canceled on us, but we did schedule to go to the Visitors Center with him this Wednesday and we hope this gets him excited because he likes stuff like that! We contacted a new family last Wednesday and got a return appointment with them on Thursday. When we got to know them, it seemed like I had already met them before. It was strange! The wife told us that she had been really down on Monday and then we showed up on her doorstep that night. I was amazed! It is not every day that we can see evidence of being led by the Spirit! That night we were tired and almost went home, but decided to try their home at about 8:45. It is a good thing we did. They both want to come back to church and I could not believe how easy it was to talk with them and have a good time together. Yet another miracle that we were able to witness.
    A few more stories...At one door, I was able to connect with the people inside because I recognized Shawn’s voice from “Psych”. It was so out of context, but I heard it and had to ask. We got several new investigators from looking for former investigators and we hope to teach them again.
    We biked Saturday and it was a very good day! We didn't even touch the car until Sunday. We continue to work hard and have a lot of fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment