My latest hobby is genealogy. It is not my fault however....because my mother got me HOOKED!! It is super fun and addicting. I spent hours on Ancestry.com today, looking for missing pieces of the puzzle. It makes me feel like a real sleuth. The reason I like it though is because of the feeling I get when I discover a new child or death date. I feel a connection to the people I am searching for and I barely know a minuscule piece of their lives. It really is the prophecy of Elijah coming to pass. My heart is being turned to my fathers, and it feels great! I am stoked!!! This is one of the many ways I believe I can prepare for my mission. When I do genealogy, I get into the spirit of the work and that makes me even more excited to get to Los Angeles!
Friday, July 8, 2011
Back in Action
As of yesterday I am not on any pain killers!!! My mouth still hurts but is slowly getting better. The thing that kills me is not being able to eat the way I like. I can't take normal bites. I have to chew really slow, and swallowing really, really hurts. I ran a little bit this morning which was good, but I am afraid I lost a bit of oomph in the last week and a half. Not to mention, I LOST 17 lbs in the week after my tonsillectomy....yeah, CrAzY! I have the hardest time putting on weight, but then I go and lose a ton. Wow.
My latest hobby is genealogy. It is not my fault however....because my mother got me HOOKED!! It is super fun and addicting. I spent hours on Ancestry.com today, looking for missing pieces of the puzzle. It makes me feel like a real sleuth. The reason I like it though is because of the feeling I get when I discover a new child or death date. I feel a connection to the people I am searching for and I barely know a minuscule piece of their lives. It really is the prophecy of Elijah coming to pass. My heart is being turned to my fathers, and it feels great! I am stoked!!! This is one of the many ways I believe I can prepare for my mission. When I do genealogy, I get into the spirit of the work and that makes me even more excited to get to Los Angeles!
My latest hobby is genealogy. It is not my fault however....because my mother got me HOOKED!! It is super fun and addicting. I spent hours on Ancestry.com today, looking for missing pieces of the puzzle. It makes me feel like a real sleuth. The reason I like it though is because of the feeling I get when I discover a new child or death date. I feel a connection to the people I am searching for and I barely know a minuscule piece of their lives. It really is the prophecy of Elijah coming to pass. My heart is being turned to my fathers, and it feels great! I am stoked!!! This is one of the many ways I believe I can prepare for my mission. When I do genealogy, I get into the spirit of the work and that makes me even more excited to get to Los Angeles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saweeeet! so, how do we know these people Zachy boy? The boys are sure looking forward to the day when you are feeling well enough so they can "kick you." :P
ReplyDeleteNice work! :)
ReplyDelete