Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Hey From Mini Mexico
Good news from the Central Zone of the CLAM! My zone was the highest baptizing zone for the month of December!! Woot! So the other day on splits, I was at a member’s house and they gave me one drop of this hot sauce that contains 4 million schoval units!! Tabasco sauce only has 66 thousand. This one drop burned me bad! I am used to hot stuff, but santa vaca it was incredibly hot!
I have really been studying my area book lately and I made a list of all the former investigators who I felt good about and I recently made contact with them. Two of the eight I tried said we could come back again and teach. Both women had a previous baptismal date, too, so hopefully they’ll be prepared to listen again!
Our last visit with the C&H family was crazy. Miraculously all the adults were there and we were discussing what they had read about the Restoration from the pamphlet we left. I began asking questions about the changes they had seen in the lives of the kids. As they responded to me I felt the Spirit so strongly. M, the mother of K who was baptized, said she saw an incredible difference! She even said that she wanted to follow the same decision that her daughter had made in her choice of religion! Boom shaka laka boom! I also told them how much I had seen and felt since they had been baptized. I started to cry! It was so sudden, the fastest it has ever happened before in my life! This work truly is a labor of love. The love I feel makes up for all the other crazy and hard things that happen out here.
It has been a pretty crazy two weeks and we have been teaching a TON! This is due to the fact that I have been in a trio and we have been working both our areas. Transfer calls are tonight so everyone will find out who stays and who leaves. Luckily I already know what is going to happen..:) I had an interview last night with President and I will be training a new missionary in my area! I am really excited! I hope that he has the same fire that I had so we can get down to the "nitty gritty" and work hard!
Please don't forget to smile! I have come to realize that smiling even when you don’t feel like it, makes everyone happy. I try to say hi to everyone and smile even when it has been a hard day. I don't want people to have an image of missionaries being sad, somber people. I love you all and am excited for you all, especially the Richardson family! Come on Jonah! We can't wait for you to be here with us!
P.S. I played soccer the other day at the park and didn't do too shabby. I was super sore but we had fun! The local players thought they would crush us gringos, but we put up a great fight. I even scored twice ;) In tennis shoes too :) All my years playing are coming in handy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment